6. Formulating a touring strategy
Your selected economic and exhibition production models should be identified in and underpin an organisational touring exhibitions strategy. Different models might be selected for use on different types of project, dependent on their aims, within a single strategy.
A touring exhibitions strategy should form part of a wider exhibitions strategy and the overall organisational strategy. A strategic approach embeds touring in an organisation’s work, ensures its value is recognised and that success in achieving stated aims and objectives can be measured.
A touring exhibitions strategy should:
- Outline the programme vision
- Define the working context e.g. regional, national, international – Identify time-based strategic aims and objectives
- Describe the methods that will be used to achieve the vision
- Identify strengths and challenges
- Define roles and responsibilities
- Outline the schedule