« Back to all events
We last ran this online course in July 2023. We anticipate running this online course again in early summer 2024.
This 6-hour live, online, Preparing to Borrow course is delivered over two 3-hour sessions and supports participants to acquire the knowledge and confidence to make an application to borrow an object or group of objects. It is an interactive session, based on problem solving and discussion, covering:
- The benefits of borrowing
- Researching suitable objects for loan
- Making a case to borrow
- Communicating with lenders
- Loan applications
- Fees and contracts
- Sources of funding in the UK
- Facilities reports
- British Government Indemnity and UK commercial insurance
- Emergency Planning
Zoom breakout rooms are used for discussions and activities in small groups.
The online course is delivered by:
- an experienced TEG trainer
- Manager – British Government Indemnity Scheme, Museums and Cultural Property, Arts Council England
- Manager – Security and Protection Advice, Museums and Cultural Property, Arts Council England
- Grants Manager, Art Fund
This workshop is usually run to align with application deadlines for the Weston Loan Programme with Art Fund.