« Back to all events
COVID-19 – The Touring Exhibitions Group is following the evolving news and advice regarding the global Coronavirus crisis. If you book or have booked a place to attend this workshop and it is necessary to postpone the event, to ensure the safety of participants, you will have the option to attend on the revised date or receive a full refund.
The TEG Tactile Access to Collections: Maximising and Managing Public Object Handling Opportunities workshop combines practical and theoretical activities to help you develop opportunities for the delivery of tactile access to your collections. Participants will learn:
– The benefits derived from handling objects
– An overview of approaches to object handling employed in organisations of a range of scales/types
– How accessioned collections can be safely used in a public object handling programme, including how to assess their suitability and restrictions for use
– An introduction to policies and procedures that can support the effective provision of tactile access
– How to plan a meaningful engagement opportunities involving object handling, using a session development matrix, learning theory and examples of good practice from other organisations
– Confidence to facilitate tactile access to your collections, and implement a robust structure for managing an object handling programme
The workshop is suitable for curatorial and learning staff who are interested to create/develop opportunities and an infrastructure for the public to handle objects from their collections.
There is currently no workshop date planned, but to express an interest in attending this workshop please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.