« Back to all events
The TEG Tactile Access to Collections: Maximising and Managing Public Object Handling Opportunities workshop combines practical and theoretical activities to help you develop opportunities for the delivery of tactile access to your collections. Participants will learn:
– The benefits derived from handling objects
– An overview of approaches to object handling employed in organisations of a range of scales/types
– How accessioned collections can be safely used in a public object handling programme, including how to assess their suitability and restrictions for use
– An introduction to policies and procedures that can support the effective provision of tactile access
– How to plan a meaningful engagement opportunities involving object handling, using a session development matrix, learning theory and examples of good practice from other organisations
– Confidence to facilitate tactile access to your collections, and implement a robust structure for managing an object handling programme
The workshop is suitable for curatorial and learning staff who are interested to create/develop opportunities and an infrastructure for the public to handle objects from their collections.
Booking is open for the next Tactile Access to Collections workshop.